Dell command update is a utility program that silently and automatically updates critical fixes and essential driver software as they become available. This ensures your dell PC to have all the critical updates successfully installed without involving you in the process or have you check them online or install them manually.
Dell command update software is compatible with Dell Inspiron, Vostro, XPS, Optiplex, Venue Pro Tablet, XPS Notebook, Latitute models and Alienware PCs that are running the following Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10.
How will the dell command utility update help customers?
Dell command update is a Dell utility that enables automated update of drivers, BIOS and firmware on your Dell PC. It helps you keep your system updates without having you to know every driver and updates needed. It will automatically interrogate your PC and analyze it with available updates on dell.support.com for the specific needs of your system.
You can use the utility program in the following areas for device driver and application updates:
- Performance improvements
- Expand compatibility
- Fix minor issues and bugs
- Sends the user a warning message to prompt user not to unplug any peripheral device or USB type-C device, while installing BIOS and firmware updates
For Windows users, dell command update windows 10 versions can help bring down technical issues to enhance the performance of your PC and update your drivers apparently as it checks for the latest updates every few days.
However, Dell command update utility software is compatible with 32-bit and 64-bit version of Microsoft Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8 & Windows 7.
Where is dell command update installed?
To find the location of Dell command update on your PC, you need to first go through the process of dell command update download and installation.
Dell command update download
- Open your web browser and go to Dell Drivers and Downloads section of the website – https://www.dell.com/support/dell-command-update-download
- Identify your dell product
- Press Drivers and Downloads tab on the left side
- You can locate dell update by using any of the following methods
- Keyword search box – type Dell update keyword to search for latest updates
- Select the OS installed on your PC and choose the driver category application
- Click on “download” icon next to the driver of your choice and click “Save” file
- By using the browser download history or file explorer, locate the downloaded .exe executable file in your PC
Dell command update installation
- Click twice on the setup file to launch the installation process
- Accept the terms and conditions of the user license agreement and click “next” to proceed further
- Click “Install” to begin the process
- Once the progress bar of the installation process complete the cycle, click “Finish”
- Click close and reboot the dell PC
After installing the latest version of Dell command update, you will find the Dell command update application listed on your apps menu or all program menu.
How to use and troubleshoot dell command update?
In this section, you will learn about the following topics:
How do I start a Dell Update?
How do I update my Dell software?
Does Dell automatically update drivers?
What port does dell command update use?
Dell command update advanced driver restore.
Let’s get started with how to use Dell command update for automatic dell driver updates.
- Get started by visiting Apps menu where Dell command update is located
- Click twice on dell command update to open it
- Choose default settings and click OK to open the dell command update application
- Perform a check for driver updates. Check the “Recommended updates” and check the “Automatically restart system” (if prompted), then click the install tab
- Once the updates are successfully installed, click the close tab
- System finishes rebooting
- Your system should now be up to date.
You can now set the schedule for next update.
What port does dell command update use?
You are recommended to use external port because it always seems to work fine.
Dell command update advanced driver restore for Windows reinstallation
Dell command update Advanced driver restore for Windows reinstallation provides a one-click installation of the base driver cab file to provide Device ID’s for all internal devices. Once the process completes, you can reboot, use dell command update and run a check for updates. Once you place all device ID’s at one location, it will pull all the latest drivers.
Troubleshooting dell command update
If you’re experience technical glitches or issue while installing or downloading dell command update program, you can choose to trouble the program by using any of the following methods:
- You can use dell support assistant to automatically detect and install driver updates. The program is accessible in the “Start Menu” under “All programs” in your Dell PC.
- You can try to search and install latest updates manually for your dell PC via Dell Support/ Drivers and Downloads on the dell official website. Just make sure to have the correct OS and system model, the use the category drop-down list to search for latest available drivers on your PC.
- If your dell command update not working, you can use dell support assistant to diagnose and troubleshoot the issue, or you can contact dell customer services for technical assistance in the matter.
New features of different versions of dell update command
Dell command update 2019 comprises all the latest features and updates for your dell PC. Here are some specifics that you should take a quick glance upon:
New features of dell commando update 2.4
- Add awareness of Dell Command | Update 3.0 architecture
New features of dell command update 2.3.1
- Fixes: Minor Bugs
- Provide enhancements
New features of dell command update 3.0 include
- Leverages the UWP application format for Windows 10
- uses a service so Admin rights are not required
- Requires Win10 1607
- Adds BIOS password support
- Removes Scheduling capability – locked at every 3 days (will be restored in future release)
- Removes command line support (will be restored in future release)
- Restart is required to install
New features of dell command update 2.2 include:
- Support for Dell Docking Solutions
New features of dell command update 2.1 include:
- Support for Windows 10 operating system
- Ability to detect Windows BitLocker and notify end-user.
- Ability to provide feedback from application GUI.
- Support for additional languages: Chinese (Taiwan), Chinese (Traditional, Hong Kong SAR), Dutch (Netherlands), Italian
For more information on dell command update, please contact dell customer services and get to know the best way to download, install and use the utility program.