Dell Support Assistant is an automated technical support solution for Dell PCs, and Tablets. Dell Support Assistant scans your PCs and laptops and checks if there are updates available for drivers and software. It allows you to diagnose the health of your servers, performance, network and storage to eliminate downtime before it even starts. It comes pre-installed with your Dell machines powered by Windows 10, or you can visit https://www.dell.com/support/software-and-downloads/supportassist for Dell Support Assistant Download Windows 10.
Dell Support Assist detects and removes issues that are deteriorating for your Windows PC without getting users involved in the process and when users start their PCs, they find the issues resolved automatically. The best thing is that you can download the software for free.
For users having Dell Printers can avail expert guidance from Dell Printer Support while installing the device on Windows 10.
What does Dell SupportAssist Do?
Dell Support Assist is the best available source of technical help for Dell users. It’s like having your own expert technician inside your Windows-powered Dell PCs to help you cope with issues whenever you need it. By having the technology in your device, you can evaluate the well being of your PC’s hardware and software, diagnose performance, get alerts on update recommendations, call for technical assistance, get latest driver and software upgrades delivered on-time, provide automated fixes for common configuration issues and find warranty details.
It also helps create a detailed report of issues for Dell experts to help them understand the intensity of the situation and come up with a resolution as quickly as possible before the problem becomes too large.
If your Dell machine is in the warranty period, then Dell Support Assistant executives will help you resolve the issues without adding extra charges for the repair work. To experience true potential of Dell Support Assistant, unlock additional features by upgrading to paid version of Dell Support Assist.
Causes and solutions for Dell Support Assistant not responding Windows 10
The majority of Dell users have Windows 10 installed on their PCs and laptop due to which they need to check and go for Dell Support Assistant download Windows 10 for latest driver updates. Therefore, it’s pretty common for them to have configuration issues with programs already installed in their computer and Dell Support Assistant. Despite offering so many perks to Dell users, Dell Support Assistant is prone to several technical glitches as well and it’s only good until it stops working for unexplainable reasons. The technical glitches can easily be fixed automatically if you have Dell Command Update on your device.
Many Dell users have reported the same issue and challenged the integrity of application with unpleasant feedbacks. So you are not an exclusive case if you too, have experienced it. Here are some easy fixes that you may try:
Rename the Dell file
- However if the problem still persists, Rename the Dell file name by following the steps.
- Just follow the path on your computer
- Locate the file “New-Dell-Logo-White-Small”
- Right Click on the file and select “Rename “option
- Remove Small from end. It should be “New-Dell-Logo-White”.
- Start your Dell Support Assist and see if it works
Update your Windows
- Go to the search box of Windows 10 screen located at the bottom left corner.
- Type “Windows update” in the search box and click on “Check for Updates”
- Once you update Windows 10, restart your Dell PC
If the issue still persists, then try the next step:
Uninstall and Reinstall the software
- To keep you Dell PCs running smoothly and up-to-date, you might be prompted to uninstall and reinstall Dell Support Assistant for apps and features in Windows 10.
How to uninstall Dell Support Assistant?
Uninstalling Dell Support center might leave your Dell computers vulnerable to issues that are hard to eliminate on your own. However, if it doesn’t work properly, what’s the point of keeping it on running mode. Yet, to reinstall SupportAssist, we need to first remove it.
Follow the steps to uninstall SupportAssist:
- Go to the Start Menu option in your Windows screen located at the bottom left corner of the page and select “Control Panel” option
- Under “Programs” option, select “Uninstall a Program”
- From the list of programs, find and select “Dell Support Assist”
- Click on “Uninstall” to confirm the removal of program
How to turn off Dell Support Assistant?
Follow the steps to disable Dell Support Assist:
- Press “Win+R”, type “msconfig” and then hit “Enter” to run System Configurations
- Go to the Startup Tab, locate and uncheck “Dell Support Assistant”
- Click “OK” and then restart the PC
Get expert guidance from Dell Customer Support
If you face trouble while following any of the above steps or if you want to download and install Dell SupportAsist on your Windows 10 PC, you can seek expert guidance from Dell Customer Support by placing a call on toll-free number or via live chat.
Get Dell SupportAssist for PCs from Microsoft Store – https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/dell-supportassist-for-pcs/