Sometimes there is a need to reset your laptops and PCs, the cases can be few such as if you want to boost the speed of your computer’s processor or you wish to renew it and sell the device. The reasons can be many; however, there are many users who don’t understand the concept of a reset dell laptop. Whether it is a Dell Inspiron or a Dell XPS 13, it is easy to reset dell laptop.
In this article, you will get to learn the steps to reset dell laptop along with some of the essentials related to the topic. If you have any other query related to the dell laptop then it is strongly recommended to visit its official website from where you can reach the Dell Customer Service webpage.
How to restore a dell laptop to factory settings?
- Click on the “Windows” icon key and simultaneously press the “i” key.
- Go to the “Update& Security” option.
- Click on the “Recovery” button.
- Tap on the “Get Started” option under the Reset this PC option.
- Now, click on the “Keep my files” option if you wish to keep your personal data.
- You can also click on the “Remove everything” to remove everything from your system.
- In the final step, you just need to follow the on-screen instructions.
Point to remember:
Following these steps will help you to restore your Dell laptop to factory settings. Now, it is important to update your device drivers so that your laptop is working properly. You can update your drivers manually, but it will take a lot of your time and energy. You can also install Driver Easy to make the reset process easy.
How to reset dell laptop using Driver Easy?
- First of all, you have to download and install the “Driver Easy”.
- The user can run the “Driver Easy” followed by a click on the “Scan Now” option.
- Then Driver Easy will scan your computer and detect issues.
- Now, click on the “Update” option that is present next to your device.
- You can manually install or select the correct version of its driver.
- The users have to tap on the “Update All” button to continue the process.
- Once you click on it, it will automatically update all the drivers.
You may also read: Dell PC does not turn on or boot into Windows
How to factory reset a dell laptop without password?
If you wish to reset dell laptop for Window 7 and Windows 8 and you do not have access to password or disk then follow these steps:-
- Go to the “Sign-In” window and click on the “Power” option.
- Press and hold the “Shift” key and click on the Restart button.
- Once your dell laptop starts, go to the “Advanced” option and click on the “Troubleshoot” option.
- Followed by this, you need to click on the option labeled as “Reset your PC”.
- After this, click on the “Next” option until your Dell laptop completes the reset process.
Note: If you are still not clear with the steps then it is recommended to install Dell Command Update from the official website.
Hopefully, the steps mentioned in this article, have shown you the way to make reset dell laptop simpler. In case, you still facing any sort of difficulty in following the steps or you are stuck in between the process, then it is strongly advised to visit the Dell Support webpage for technical assistance.