With the advancement in technology, laptops began to play a very crucial role in our day to day lives. We use them for business and entertainment purposes and working on laptops from anywhere anytime with ease is a portable option that is not accessible on desktop computers. Being a mobile PC means that is in spite of having a keyboard the device has a point to operate things and that point of the area is known as a touchpad. A touchpad works as a mouse when you need to drag or move the cursor on-screen.
The touchpad was invented in the early 90s and since then it has evolved over the years to a point where it can do more than just point and click. If we see it today the touchpad has so many features that can make certain keyboard shortcuts out-dated.
Dell computing services have taken the touchpad functionality to the next level with synaptics touchpad driver windows 10 dell. It is a software program, designed and developed by Dell, which works as a driver for improving the standard gestures of the touchpad. Since the Synaptics touchpad is not something that every laptop has, it comes customized with Dell laptops that have Windows 10 preinstalled in them.
Even if you don’t have Windows 10 along with the driver preinstalled in your Dell laptops, you can still get the driver and install dell touchpad driver windows 10 easily.
Check the availability of Touchpad drivers
It is a must to check the availability of Touchpad drivers if they are preinstalled on your Dell laptops. If it is not there in the laptops then install them from Dell’s official website. To check the availability of synaptics touchpad driver windows 10 dell, you can follow the steps mentioned below:-
- In the first step, you have to right-click on the “Start” icon.
- Now, click on the “Device Manager” option.
- In this step, you have to expand “Mice and other pointing devices” and then check which driver is installed in your Dell laptop.
Note: –If a dell touchpad driver window 10 is preinstalled but not working properly, then you can either use Dell Command Update to update the software or you can delete the preinstalled one and then again install it from the official website.
Easy to follow steps to install dell touchpad driver windows 10
There are few steps to install and run the dell touchpad driver windows 10 on your laptops, these steps are as follows:-
- Visit Dell’s official website and then click on the “Synaptics touchpad” option to download the driver.
- Now, right-click on the “Start” icon.
- You have to click on the “Device Manager” option and then expand the “Mice and other pointing devices” option.
- Now, right-click on the touchpad and click on “Update Driver” and then click on the “Browse my computer for driver software” option.
- You have to click on the “Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer” option, visible on the bottom of your screen and then tap on the “Have a disk” option.
- Click on the “Browse” option and then search where you extracted the downloaded file.
- You have to click on the “Autorun” option and then click on the “Open” option.
- Once the window is closed then you have to click on the “OK” option.
- Click on the “Install” option and then wait for the installation process to complete. After this, Windows will prompt you to restart the laptop you have to click on the “Yes” option to precede further.
- At last, you just have to follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
For more help:-
The article above has already discussed the steps to install the dell touchpad driver windows 10. If you still face issues, you can get in touch with Dell Customer Service, available on Dell’s official website or you can install Dell Support Assistant driver that can help you and assist you with the solutions to your problems as a Virtual Assistant.
Find Dell Touchpad Assistant from Microsoft Store – https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/dell-touchpad-assistant/