Dell laptops with Windows 10 mostly have the touchscreen feature. Nowadays, most of the devices including laptops, tablets, etc. are coming with this feature. This touchscreen alone can be used for performing several functions. It is used for both input-output functionalities and reduces the hassle of keeping keyboards and mouse. It works in the same manner as a smartphone works.If you want to turn off touch screen on Dell, because there are other input methods available, then you can easily do so. This can be done through the Windows Device Manager.
Reasons to turn off touch screen on Dell Laptop
If you are a Dell Inspiron 15 or Dell Inspiron 13 user then you might want to disable the touch screen because of various reasons. Sometimes, touchscreen becomes more of a headache than help. In this situation, one should get rid of it as soon as possible.
Sometimes, you do not want your little kid to hamper in between the ongoing video and this could be another reason why you want to disable it. At other times, the touch screen starts to work inappropriately and open the windows that you haven’t given command of. Because of this, you are unable to open or use the Dell Command Update. Hence, the steps to disable the touch screen on Dell laptops are given in the following section.
Steps to disable touch screen in Windows 10 or Windows 8
As it is already mentioned in the article that the touchscreens can be easily disabled through the Device Manager, so you can access this setting through the Control Panel. You can also use the search box available on the taskbar for disabling it.
Here’s how you can do it:
- The first thing you have to do is select the search box available on the taskbar.
- Here, you have to enter the “Device Manager” in the search box.
- When a list of search opens, choose “Device Manager”.
- Now, locate “Human Interface Devices” and click on the arrow available next to it.
- Further, select the “HID-compliant touch screen” option.
- After this, navigate to the top of the window and select “Action”.
- From here, select the “Disable Device” option from the drop-down menu.
- Select “Yes” when the pop-up warning saying “Disabling this device will cause it to stop functioning. Do you really want to disable it?” appears on your screen.
- In the end, you can verify that your touchscreen is disabled or not.
This is how you can disable or turn off the touchscreen of your Windows 10 Dell laptop. In case you are encountering errors while doing so, then you may seek assistance from Dell Support executives.
Related Article – Enable and disable your touchscreen in Windows 10