Setting up a wireless Dell printer in your workplace enables you to accomplish various print jobs without even leaving your workspace. Dell wireless printer setup can also help to make things easier at your workspace by allowing you to avoid long cables attached to the printer. Once your Dell printer is ready to communicate with your wireless network, you can easily send the print jobs via the Print dialog box.
Pre-requisites to Dell wireless printer setup-
Before connecting your Dell Printer to a Wi-Fi network, you have to keep in mind the following things:
- It is highly recommended that you place the printer as close to the wireless router as possible.
- There should not be any thick wall or obstruction between the two because it can affect the efficiency of your printer.
- Note down the network name (SSID) and Password of the LAN access point.
- Ensure that you have the Dell Support Assistant on your device to rectify the issues that arise while setting up the printer.
- Make sure that you install the software on a device having access to the Wi-Fi network.
How to perform Dell printer wireless setup?
- Install the Dell software installation disc that came along with the printer.
- Establish a connection between the printer and your computer using the USB cable.
- Tap on the “Start” button.
- Go to the “Programs” tab.
- Tap on the “Dell Printers” option.
- Now, tap “Dell Printer Home”.
- Go to its “Settings” and tap “Wireless Setup Utility”.
- Chooseyour wireless network from the list of available networks and tap “Continue.”
- Enter your Wi-Fi network password.
- If a pop-up dialog appears asking for your consent to allow your Dell software to access your network, then you have to click the “OK” or “Continue” button.
- Now, disconnect the USB cable and you are done.
Devices that you have connected with the Wi-Fi network can now print wirelessly using the Dell printer. You can also get help from Dell Command Update team if you come across any problem while performing the wireless setup procedure for your Dell Printer.
How to setup a wireless printer on a Dell laptop?
- Tap“Start” and then go to the “Control Panel”.
- Double-click on the “Devices and Printers” option.
- Tap on the“Add a printer” option. Choose your preference for adding a wireless or network printer.
- Select your printer from the list of available printers.
- When the “Add Printer Wizard”option appears, select your printer’s model name, and hit“OK”.
- Follow the onscreen instructions and click “Finish”
With this, you complete the process of setting up the wireless printer on a Dell Laptop and also note that you can follow the same procedure for Dell computers as well.
If you are a Dell user, you can always seek assistance from Dell Customer Service. You can connect with the experts to resolve various Dell Printers and Laptop issues.